The discussion about relevant and/ or irrelevant linkbaiting got fired up again last week thanks to Matt Inman’s post at SEOmoz about his JustSayHi widgetbaits. Google’s current stance in this situation (In Matthew’s words “adding a keyword-rich link from a widget to our own site was an ultra-mega-Google-NO-NO”) is just hilarious and I’m not the only one who feels that way.
- Scott Hendison explains why you should think outside the link
- Eric Ward introduced the Manifest Linking Destiny
- Bill Slawski explains Microsoft’s patent about ranking domains (and links) based on domain maturity in language that you and I can understand
- The original title may be somewhat misleading; Vertical Measures’ latest post is about brainstorming and getting your content noticed to attract more links
- Really aggressive GoogleBowling: Youmoz member Calamier suddenly got thousands of extra (spammy) backlinks