Although link building via press releases can be very efficient, I rarely see examples of people trying to get the maximum out of their PR strategy. Either they don’t bother (and don’t do it at all), or they take the cheap and easy route, and see their press release end up at FFA PR websites and news scrapers. In case you’re not convinced by the effect that a press release might have, I’d advize you to read both Merrick Lozano’s PR tips and the success story of Blekko’s launch.
Two additional tips:
1. Set up some Google Alerts to spot mentions of your press release that don’t link back, which you can turn into links quite easily.
2. Don’t forget social. Social link building can also play a role in your press release strategy, especially if you have a large user base, as your community could help you to build links.
And more great articles:
- Backlink Smackdown: Majestic vs. The Moz – Greg Niland
- What is SEO link building? – John Andrews
- Link building tips for personal blogs – Rand Fishkin
- DIY to succesful linkbait – Chris Tynski
- How to use infographics for SEO and linkbait – Tadeusz Szewczyk
- Link building interview: Ross Hudgens – Garrett French
- Broken link building: feast on your competitors – Napoleon Suarez
- Planning long term link building strategies – Paddy Moogan
- Linkfluence (Pubcon Vegas Recap)
PS – This is the last edition of Link Building this Month of the year, as I will be listing the best posts of the year later this month. Have you read (or written) a post that definitely should be included in this yearly roundup? Drop me an email, leave a comment, or let me know via Twitter.