One of the most interesting posts I came across last week was Stoney deGeyter’s collection of link building secrets. This article, which contains link building tips from 12 different link building pros, has some excellent tips. Especially the ones from Hamlet Batista and Peter vd Graaf are certainly worth reading.
Another interesting thing to see is that SEOs still can’t agree on the value of an image link. You could foresee some disagreement, but I didn’t think that the value of an image link would be this disputed. The type of link was one of the discussed items in the link value factors article as well, but it’s nice to some opinions on image links specifically.
- Patrick Altoft explains why you should aim at trust in stead of anchor text and discussed the problem of a keyword rich anchor text as well
- Justilien gave some tips for eCommerse and online retail websites that want more links
- Eric Enge mad a few great points in his post about the role of directories in link building
- Another directory post: the 8 rules of directory submissions, by Ray Comstock
- BusinessInDallas made a list of social bookmark links that are worth building