There were several great posts about linkbait this week. Eric Lander explained How to build a solid linkbait in three easy steps and Patrick Winfield added step four; Using images in a linkbait is important as well. Lisa Barone explains why link bait should mature. “What do you call grown up link bait? You call it a link magnet.”
Another great post that I came across was Dee Barizo’s What everybody ought to know about Link Building. It isn’t a brand new post, but I stumbled upon it last week and think it has a few great points. I’m sure you’ll get the most important one.
Glenn Allsopp explains Why submitting to directories can work very well for authority websites. This, combined with Bob Massa’s post about What a directory submission is worth will probably result in lots of submissions for the large directories during the next few weeks…
- This is probably the worst way to ask for a link
- Derek J. Edmond’ lists some great tips about How to evaluate a link building opportunity
- Leo Babauta writes about How linking out can get you lots of links in return, at North x East
- Eric Enge gives a few great Large scale link building tips
- We all know about anchor text, but How do you optimize links usability wise?
- There was some fuss about paid links. So what have we learned?