Gyutae Park wrote a good post about making every link count for your SEO. The article, which was later followed-up by the opinions of 6 link builders/ SEOs, contains some good tips, but it all comes back to keeping it natural and diversifying your efforts.
Out of all bad link marketing KPIs and metrics, a cost per link is probably the worst. As Eric Enge highlights, all links are not created equal and can therefore not be valued the same way. I have nothing to add here.
- Peter DaVanzo shared some great link building ideas for small businesses
- Loren Baker explained why building relationships is more important than building links alone
- Rand Fishkin wrote about incentivizing links
- Mike Thelwall described how link marketing and Pareto’s Law are connected
- Micheal Gray showed how social media links can translate in organic rankings
- Steven Snell provided 10 tips for effective guest posting
- Angela Moore shared here thoughts about what the economic situation means for link building