It’s the week of Thanksgiving, so I figure people had different things on their minds than links. How to prepare a turkey properly, for example. Nevertheless, there were still a few link building related posts worth mentioning.
Barry Schwartz asks when link building companies suddenly became ‘black hat’ SEOs. While I do think there’s a difference between offering link building services and obvious paid link services, I do get Barry’s point. Also, considering their latest actions, I can only assume that Google wants to push link building to the background. However, when companies try other approaches (we’ve seen this before as well), they DO became black hat -but that’s something completely different.
- Eric Ward wrote about The winter of linking’s discontent
- Rand Fishkin discussed footer link optimization
- Angela Moore explains why you shouldn’t think like a student when chasing .edu links
- Eric Enge interviewed Rand Fishkin and asked quite a few questions about Linkscape
- Tom Critchlow shows how you can actually get links from your linkbait