Especially during a recession, when people seem to have less time, lots of folks try to take the Link Building Easy Route. However, there is no easy in link building and short cuts, such as acquisition services, almost never work. In stead of trying to take the easy way or asking yourself unanswerable questions like how many more links you need, you’re better of using solid, proven techniques.
WeBuildPages launched their new blog and started of with a few excellent posts. My favorite is Ninja Jen’s explanation of why building links is like picking up a girl. I compared SEO to sex once, but that one’s even better. So, how do you pick up a girl? Be hot and/ or different. Girls will ask your phone number and call you back for more.
- Shaun Anderson shows once again that only the first internal link counts in Google
- Gab Goldenberg set up a free link building report template for you to download
- Tamar Weinberg picked up a few excellent religious link building tips at WMW
- Rand Fishkin explains how thinking vertical can earn you links
- Justilien Gaspard talks about why humor and link marketing are a great match
On a different note, I will be speaking at the SMX London next week, together with Tom Critchlow, Lyndon Antcliff and Jay Young. This -combined with several time consuming new clients at Tribal and a few other projects- partially explains the light posting of the past few weeks. I expect it to be back at an acceptable level in November…
Oh, and Happy Halloween ;)