Last week, Google added very useful data about crawl errors to the Google Webmaster Tools console. Like both Matt Cutts and Jennifer Laycock already mentioned, this is a great addition from a link building perspective. With the “download all sources of errors on this site” option, you can download a list of link building targets who already link to you, but to a non-existing page. Starting a link building campaign just became even more easy.
Aaron Wall wrote a post titled ‘How much is a link worth?‘, which is yet another great read for everybody who’s trying to determine link value based on just a few indicators. Although general relevance, link location and anchor text sure are important, there are a LOT more factors that play a role.
- Gyutae Park listed The 3 strategies of link building
- Ann Smarty shows that link building for e-commerce sites isn’t just about paid links
- Michael Martinez wrote a great post about How to do link flow analysis
- Justilien Gaspard discussed Content promotion for link marketing
- Eric Ward not only mentioned how Joe the Plumber can help you with your link building campaign, but he also wrote about the great link race
- Josh Garner provided a few solid tips for determining a good directory