While the title of this weekly recap is Link Building this Week, there’s more to this subject than just posts with ‘link building’ in the title. For example, Lisa Barone’s examples of good content (and Micheal Martinez’ content related post and Rand Fishkin’s content tips as well) contains lots of useful info that you can use to get more links. The same goes for Richard Kershaw’s 44 tricks to hunt down a webmaster.
Paul Teitelman wrote a post about the history of paid directories. In this post, you’ll see that only the directories with good intentions have survived. Spotting the red flags is pretty easy, and this goes for regular websites as well.
- Micheal Martinez wrote an excellent guide to one way link building
- Pritam Barhate combined all link building tips from SEOmoz into a pdf document
- Julie Joyce points out how you can optimize (existing) links
- Ann Smarty did some research on creative link bait titles
- P.J. Fusco provided a few tips to find possible link targets
- Rand Fishkin smacked his head for the 7th time, this time because of link attribution
- Loren Baker went green with his post about eco friendly link building
- Hamlet Batista discusses software development as a link building technique
- Angela Moore shows how you can evaluate a link development firm
- Ann Smarty tried to determine how difficult it is to bait for links
- Micheal Estrin interviewed 5 link building experts
Btw, this is the last post -and therefore the last Link Building this Week as well- of this month. I’ll be enjoying three weeks of vacation and I’ll be experiencing what it’s like to be completely offline for about 20 days as well. See you in October!