Michael Martinez has written an excellent post about Why your link building techniques suck. He discusses the different techniques that Tamar Weinberg listed at SearchEngineRoundtable and explains how to (or how not to) use these techniques efficiently. His conclusion: it all comes down to the execution. No matter how good a specific link building tactic is, the effect depends on how YOU use this tactic.
Building links together with a client, for example, is a great technique that can fail miserably when executed the wrong way. With Rishi Lakhani’s list of small business link building tips, however, you’ll be more likely to achieve good results. It all comes down to the execution.
- Ann Smarty provides several Geo targeting link building tips
- Rae Hoffman explains what you can do with a page that turns into a 404
- David Harry discusses link spam footprints
- Stoney DeGeyter touches the subject of directory submissions
- Cleaning up your backyard before building links is advisable, according to Loren Baker
- Gab Goldenberg wrote up a post titled ‘Measure distribution to project content focused link building‘
- Ken Jones has a great analogy to explain link building to laymen
- Finally, I had time to finish my guide to building link targeted content that works