Planning is a skill that every marketer should have, but only a few are actually good at this. I certainly am not, but Debra Mastaler apparently sure is. How on earth can you work on a new design, write three excellent posts (Is traffic the new Pagerank? No!, It’s hip to be link square and Falling in love with link love), run a company AND keep your clients happy?!? Respect!
An interesting discussion is the one that Hugo Guzman (partially) started, with his post about how clients can help you with the link building campaign they’ve hired you for. Brian Turner mentioned a few excellent points in his reply to Hugo’s post; Why link building is risk management. In my opinion, the ideal situation is, like Dana Larson added later on in the discussion as well, that a link marketer should work together with the client to get the best links possible.
- Lee Odden provided a few excellent tips on content centered link building
- Aaron Wall discussed the same topic as well, with his post about Strategic content as marketing for link building
- Search Engine War decided to take a look ahead with their post about A future without links
- Jeffrey Smith asked ‘Are you an SEO link opportunist?‘
- Michael Martinez wrote about Link building versus SEO
- Sage Lewis talked about Giving links away (well, I’ll have two please :) )