Paid links are good for at least a few mention worthy posts every week. While Eric Enge explains why he doesn’t buy links, Vertical Measures asks if it isn’t so that every link is a paid one. Combine this with Patrick Altoft’s post about buying links in competitive industries and Darren Rowse’s discussion with a text link buyer, and you have opinions from every corner.
If you’re looking for some extraordinary link building slash SEO related tools, make sure to read (and bookmark) Debra Mastaler’s Roundup of link building tools. She’s listed some excellent tools that are really valuable, so make sure to check out her post.
- Do you always trust Wikipedia? Debra explains why you shouldn’t.
- Claire Stokoe provides a few great Link building tips at FroggBlog.
- The linkbomb is back (again). George W. ranks for failure for the 2nd time.
- Jane Copland asks if Search Engines will ever regulate your linkbait.
- While almost everyone’s blogging about link building ideas, Justilien posts about How to discover your own link building ideas. Great stuff.
- Dan Zarella wrote about Link attraction Factors at ReadWriteWeb.
- Viacom/ MTV acquires Babunga, a network of pregnancy related websites. Not exactly link building related, but still worth mentioning, since Babunga is (or was…) part of Tribal, the company I work for. Well done, guys!
- Another thing not link related, but still pretty cool, is the brand new 3d Live Stats Widget, a great tool to display your stats in a visual way. You can see it running in the sidebar of this blog and it’s 100% free.