In a lot of online marketing strategies, link marketing is one of the smaller posts. Stuff like PPC and Banner ads usually takes most of every online marketing budget. If you take a look at Marketing Sherpa’s Annual Ad:tech Survey, you’ll see that this shouldn’t be the case. Link building is, like LinkWorth states, one of the best ROI tactics of 2007.
Tamar points to an interesting link building related discussion that’s going on at the SearchEngineWatch Forums at Search Engine Roundtable; What do you do to manage a group of link builders? Depending on the type of link builder you’re looking for, I agree with the people who say that seeking college student might be the best solution. Training students is easy, and you create a pool of possible interns and new full timers at the same time.
- Michael Gray talks about Link building and development mistakes.
- Loren Baker gives Five situations where you should use nofollow for linking (and paid links isn’t one of them ;)).
- Michael Martinez is on a roll with his posts about How to analyze links the right way and Almost nearly all about link incongruity.
- Eric Ward opens a discussion with his post about Linkspotting.
- There are at least Five types of Linkbait that actually work, according to Mohsin of BloggingBits.
- Matt Ridout explains that Link building is now social marketing.
- Are you still looking for proof that Google prefers links from trusted domains?
- Matt McGee explains how you can Build links by using photos.