There was a lot of discussion about the good old paid link topic last week. Patrick Altoft opened with some examples showing that paid links still work (which was later backed up by Brian Combs), before unleashing a discussion about whether to report paid links or not. Turned out that 83% (including me) don’t report paid links.
One of the best link building related posts I’ve read in quite some time is Debra Mastaler’s post that explains why There is no such thing as a bad link. Spot on. While I just made a different set of types of authority links, I also like Debra’s approach that counts 3 types of authority links; “those that rank well for a set of keywords, influential high profile industry sites, and your competitors’ web sites”.
- Lisa Barone explains The importance of linking out for small businesses.
- Why a link from a powerful blog does not have to be a powerful link was submitted to YOUmoz by Duncan Morris
- Eric Enge published part 2 of What’s in you Link Marketing Mix?
- Barry Schwartz asks Is an image link just as valuable as a regular link?
- Sebastian is performing an indexation test, so I just had to throw in a link…