The conference season has officially started. People are talking about SEO, SMM and more marketing abbreviations in nearly any medium to large-sized city in the world, which means that these people probably have less time to blog this month. I didn’t come across a whole lot of excellent articles (maybe I was too busy enjoying my vacation), but this article with hands-on link building tips stood out for me. Great, actionable advice that nearly anyone can use!
When I was at ProSEO in London last week, three things seemed to come back in any link building session: create a natural and brand-rich link landscape, find out why people link out or share stuff, and building relationships remains important. Russel Smith‘s explanation of the BBC’s approach to infographics and their new linking guidelines was just one of the small extras that made the event even more worthwhile.
And more great articles:
- The ultimate link building secret weapon – Hugo Guzman
- How to find link building opportunities – Garrett French
- Websites that got great links – Will Critchlow
- Directories: a value exctraction guide – Ross Hudgens
- Why linkbait doesn’t translate to dollars – Lisa Barone
- What do you really want from your link builder – Debra Mastaler
- How to become a link magnet (SES Chicago)
- Show me the links (SMX East)
- The Link Whisperer (A4U London)
- Advanced link building (A4U London)
- Link building in competitive niches (ProSEO London)
- Big budget link building (ProSEO London)
And the last mention this month goes out to Ontolo, who have launched V2 of their link building tools this month. I haven’t had time to give these tools a try yet, but you can expect a full review of the Ontolo toolkit somewhere this month.