Newspapers are asked to remove links, natural links become a rarity, and more and more webmasters become link-greedy; the link graph is breaking down. In other words: link building seems to become more difficult.
Sure, there are still many relatively easy ways to get links to your SMB website, or to build links to local websites, but this trend will probably not go away. Link tactic differentiation, of which creatively pursuing .gov links or by building links backwards (a very effective way of content based link building) are just a few examples, is probably more important than it ever was.
- Link building normalization – Anthony Verre
- The reasonable surfer – Bill Slawski (but please read this one, too)
- What kind of links do you need – Scott Willoughby
- 9 “Reach metrics” for evaluating guest publishing opportunities – Garrett French
- Breathe new life into your emailed link requests – Julie Joyce
- How to use goverment website information to create sticky link bait – Debra Mastaler
- All links are not created equal – Rand Fishkin